PROPOSED PROPERTY ASSESSMENT ADJUSTMENT
Reclamation District #800 (RD 800) maintains and repairs Cosumnes River levees between Jackson Road in Rancho Murieta to Freeman Road in Wilton. The annual assessment has not been increased in 20 years. RD 800 is proposing to increase THE assessment from $195,000 to $510,000.
ASSESSMENT BALLOTS WERE MAILED ON JUNE 15, 2018 AND THE PUBLIC HEARING HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR:
6:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at Wilton Community Center, located at 9717 Colony Road, Wilton, CA 95693
Please cast your vote in favor or opposition to the proposed assessment, place the ballot into the postage-paid official ballot return envelope and return to RD #800 by either:
- Mailing the ballot
- Delivering the ballot by hand prior to 4:00 p.m., Monday, July 30, 2018 to LWA, located at 2450 Venture Oaks Way, Suite 240, Sacramento, CA 95833
- Deliver by hand to the public hearing: 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at Wilton Community Center, located at 9717 Colony Road, Wilton, CA 95693
NOTE: Ballots must be received before the close of the public hearing on July 31, 2018. Ballots received after the close of the public hearing cannot be accepted as per state law.
Reclamation District 800 (RD 800) hosted a community meeting on May 9th, 2018. RD 800 has reviewed all public comments, and has made changes, as appropriate to the Engineer’s Report based on those comments and internal review.
The following revisions are included in the Preliminary Engineer’s Report:
- Finished Floor Elevation. In order to account for the elevation of building pads and/or elevated structures above the average parcel elevation, the finished floor was assumed to be 3 feet above the average parcel elevation to determine flood damage avoidance for all structures.
- Budget Revision. RD 800 received comments regarding the proposed increased assessment rates. The budget was internally reviewed and reduced from $630,000 to $510,000. It should be noted that the budget reduction will extend the debt retirement timeline from 5 years to 9 years.
- Emergency Response Benefits. Upon review of the emergency response, RD 800 has reevaluated the assessment of the emergency response benefits. Although all property owners within the District are entitled to these special services, only those parcels within the District that are located within or south of the floodplain receive this special benefit. Those parcels north of the floodplain, accessible from Grant Line Road, are not assessed for Emergency Response Benefits.
If you have questions, please call the Assessment District Hotline: (916) 222-8987